It is with no doubt that helmets play a huge role during the riding experience. There are a lot of options available in the market and that has greatly contributed in making it difficult for riders to make the right decision regarding what to buy. Many are the times when one is operating on a very tight budget and thus they have to look for the best budget motorcycle helmet that is available in the market. For a long time people have had a belief that they have to spend a lot of money for them to buy a helmet that is stylish, comfortable, and safe as well. However, reading the article will only make riders understand some of the best motorcycle helmets available in the market. We also look forward to changing people’s perspective that there are no cheap motorcycle helmets available in the market.
List of Best Budget Motorcycle Helmets
- HJC CL-33 Open Face Helmet
- HJC CL-17 Snow Helmet – Electric Shield
- Bell Vortex Helmet
- Fuel SH-FF0015 Full Face Helmet
- 1Storm HG339 Modular Helmet
- Vega X888 Full Face Helmet
- Icon Airmada Volare Helmet
- Bell Vortex Flack Helmet
- HJC FG-17 Force Helmet
- Scorpion EXO 1100
HJC CL-33 Open Face Helmet
The HJC CL-33 Open Face Helmet’s shell is made from polycarbonate composite that is light in weight and that greatly helps in resistance to impact and rigidity. The helmet has Computer Aided Design. The helmet is well secured with a face shield that is anti-scratch, and UV resistant. With only $139, every rider can buy this quality helmet.
- Has a good fit on the head thus making it comfortable
- Very light in weight
- Offers good ventilation for the riders thus making cooling possible
- The shield can be removed
- Provides perfect protection
- Has a perfect interior made from Nylex fabrics
- Has advanced technology
- Best for riding during the summer
- The helmet is noisy and thus it can contribute in making the riding experience a bit uncomfortable
- The face shield has some distortions that can be improved
HJC CL-17 Snow Helmet – Electric Shield
The HJC CL-17 Snow Helmet – Electric Shield has been rated to be among the best motorcycle helmets that are safe for their users. It has an advanced shell that is made of polycarbonate composite and the shell is very light in weight thus making the helmet very comfortable. The helmet is available for around $239.
- Has a fabric that is anti-bacterial
- The liner and cheek pads can be fully removed
- The cheek pads also come in different sizes and they can be interchanged
- Meets the standards set by Snell 2010 and DOT
- Has a breath guard
- Has a ventilation system that is advanced
- Offers perfect moisture for the users
- Very comfortable
- The helmet is durable
- The helmet is pocket friendly
- It is a bit heavy
- A bit noisy
Bell Vortex Helmet
Riding feels luxurious, especially when it is done in style. The Bell Vortex Helmet is very stylish despite the fact that you do not have to dig deep in their pockets for you to have one. The helmet has a perfect system for ventilation. The shell is made of composite polycarbonate and it is very light in weight. The helmet goes for around $99 thus every rider should go for it.
- The interior liner can be removed and washed
- The wind collar is padded
- Certified by DOT and Snell M 2010 and that proves that the helmet is very safe
- The swaps for the face shield are easy and very fast
- Has a comfortable fit
- The shield is anti-fog
- The ventilation is just perfect
- Very loud thus making the riding experience almost unbearable
- Cannot be used for long distances
Fuel SH-FF0015 Full Face Helmet
The Fuel SH-FF0015 Full Face Helmet is well secured with a thermoplastic shell. It is one of the perfect helmets to go for when looking for a quality helmet at a low price. Has a face shield that can be removed and it is easy to flip up as well. One can buy the helmet at only $57.
- The shield is removable
- The ventilation is just perfect thus making the riding experience comfortable
- Properly designed thus making the head fit perfectly
- The cheek pads are padded thus making the helmet comfortable
- Has a helmet bag that is resistant to scratches thus making it easy to store the helmet
- The helmet is durable
- Certified by DOT
- Has a perfect visor
- The helmet is not anti-fog and thus it fogs very easily
- Can be noisy
1Storm HG339 Modular Helmet
You can buy the 1Storm HG339 Modular Helmet at only $64. It is with no doubt that this is a package that is very affordable due to its awesome features. The shell is thermoplastic and has an aerodynamic design. It has a chin bear that always stays secure. The face shield can be removed and it is UV protective.
- The visor is drop down
- Fits very comfortably with glasses
- Has been certified by DOT
- Has a comfortable interior
- The interior padding can be removed and washed
- Comes in a variety of colors thus giving the riders a chance to choose
- Very affordable
- The helmet is durable
- Has proper ventilation
- Has a retractable sunshield on the interior
- The visor is just perfect
- The helmet runs small
- Has a chin release that is not fancy
Vega X888 Full Face Helmet
The Vega X888 Full Face Helmet is thermoplastic. The helmet has a very light weight thus making the riding experience very comfortable. The EPS foam is dual density and that greatly helps in increasing the abilities for shock dispersing. Offers capabilities for anti-fog. With only about $59 you can have this helmet.
- The ventilation is good thus making the riding experience very comfortable
- The shield is removable thus making the helmet convenient
- Has capabilities for anti-fog
- The chin strap is solid
- Has vents that can be replaced
- Has a comfortable interior from material that is anti-microbial
- The interior is dry and cool thus making it convenient for riders
- The helmet scratches very easily thus it cannot be used for a long time
- It has a very tight fit and thus greatly contributes in making the rider uncomfortable
Icon Airmada Volare Helmet
Icon has proved to be among the best helmet producers in the market. The Icon Airmada Volare Helmet has a shell that is polycarbonate and that helps in making it strong and durable as well. The breath detector can be removed and that greatly contributes in reducing fogging. The vents can be adjusted thus making the helmet convenient. The helmet goes for around $139.
- The interior is fully removable thus it can always be washed
- Has proper ventilation
- Looks sporty thus it gives the rider a cool look
- Very durable
- The chin is adjustable thus making the helmet very comfortable
- Has a modern design and it perfectly fits as well
- The wind noise is reduced compared to other helmets
- Comes in a variety of colors thus giving the riders the opportunity to choose
- The helmet runs small
Bell Vortex Flack Helmet
The Bell Vortex Flack Helmet is very light in weight and has a shell made of polycarbonate composite. Has a good system of ventilation thus making it very comfortable. The interior can be removed and washed as well. The cheek pads are contoured thus maximizing the rider’s comfort. The shield is UV protected, anti-scratch, and anti-fog as well. Every rider can secure this helmet at only $95.
- Has an interior that is removable thus it can always be washed
- Well ventilated thus making it comfortable
- Very light in weight thus it is comfortable for riders
- Has a neck padding and that improves the safety of the helmet
- It is anti-fog thus it comes in handy when riding during the cold
- It is pocket friendly
- It is a bit loose, especially on the sides
- It is a bit noisy
HJC FG-17 Force Helmet
HGC has been selling quality helmets for a long time. The HJC FG-17 Force Helmet has not been a disappointment. The shell is very light in weight and it is made of fiberglass composite. The cheek pads can be interchanged thus making the helmet convenient. The center shield has been innovatively designed. The helmet is available for only $199.
- The helmet fits perfectly
- Made of durable material
- Not overprized since it is pocket friendly
- Fits comfortably thus making the riding experience awesome
- Offers maximum protection to the rider
- Has a very cool look thus bringing out the rider in a cool way
- The helmet has been built well
- It is anti-fog thus greatly helps in preventing fogging.
- The center shield is innovative
- It can be very noisy thus making the riding experience a bit uncomfortable
Scorpion EXO 1100
The Scorpion EXO 1100 is among the best helmets in the market at an affordable prize. The face shield is anti-scratch thus ensuring that the riders are safe. The helmet has technology that prevents fogging. The cheek pads are liner can be removed thus making it easy to clean. The system of ventilation can be adjusted. The helmet is available for only $299.
- Perfect ventilation system
- Perfect visor and the light conditions vary without interchanging of the face shield
- The interior is removable and it can always be washed
- The shell is made of durable material
- The helmet is pocket friendly
- Fits very perfectly
- The helmet looks modern and it has improved technology as well
- Very stylish thus bringing out that cool look
- Well priced for the features that it provides
- Can be a bit noisy
How to Choose the Perfect Motorcycle Helmet
Many are the times when riders do not end up buying the best motorcycle helmets since they know less about helmets thus they only buy any helmet that they see in the market. Many helmets have also been overprized that has made it impossible for riders to find the best budget motorcycle helmet. However, there are certain factors that riders should consider when choosing their helmets.
Has the Helmet Been Certified?
There are standards set by DOT, Sharp, AUS, and ECE for the best motorcycles helmets. One should never buy a helmet that has not been certified. Being certified guarantees safety since it shows that the helmet has met the standards that have been set. Always keep your safety first. Therefore, always ensure that you check the helmet’s safety standards before deciding to buy it.
Does the Helmet Fit Well?
No one likes riding when feeling uncomfortable. Having a helmet that does not fit well makes the riding experience very uncomfortable and thus one should always look for a helmet that fits just perfectly. Some helmets can be disturbing and they can even make you hate riding. However, having a helmet that has a perfect fit will let you ride for long distances without any difficulties.
Is the Helmet Type Right for your Riding?
There are very many helmet types in the market. The different types are used for different riding experiences. You should, therefore, first determine the riding experience you are looking for before deciding the type of helmet to choose. That is important because it ensures that one ends up buying just the perfect type for their riding.
What is the Shell Material?
The shell material should be a great consideration every time one is buying a helmet. Having the right material ensures that the helmet is durable and thus one will use it for a very long time. The right shell material also helps in guaranteeing that the helmet will offer maximum protection in case of a crash. Always look for certain shell materials for example, carbon fiber, polycarbonate, EPS, and fiberglass composite. The mentioned materials have proved to be just perfect for helmet shells. They have also proved to be very comfortable and that have a good rating for safety as well.
What are the Comfort Features?
The riding experience can only be awesome if only the rider feels comfortable. Therefore, every rider should always go for helmets that are comfortable. For example, helmets that have a padded interior have proved to be comfortable to riders.
Best Motorcycle Helmet Brands
The market has been flooded with a lot of brands that produce motorcycle helmets/ some brands produce helmets that are of very good quality while others produce helmets that have a very poor quality. That has greatly contributed in confusing the riders since they no longer know the right brand to go for. However, worry no more since we are here to give more insight regarding some of the best brands in the market and that will make it easy for every rider to decide on one of the best brands to go for.
- This is a Japanese company that was started in Tokyo in the year 1959
- The company has proved to be very innovative since it has always been trying out new ideas for their helmets and thus has been a great success for this brand
- The first company to have Kevlar on their helmets
- The company has also proved to provide helmets that are of very good quality
- Their customers are very loyal to this company since it never disappoints
- This brand produces helmets that are comfortable and very safe as well
- The company offers a five year warranty for almost every helmet purchased and that has greatly contributed in providing good security for the users
- The HJC brand has been operational since 1971 and it has only been producing helmets
- It has been considered to be the best brand in North America and it is also seen to be popular and common in many nations
- The brand has proved to produce helmets that are stylish, high quality, and very comfortable as well
- Despite the good features, the company produces helmets that come at very low prices thus making them affordable for all riders
- This brand also offers a huge helmet selection and they range from mid to high end helmets
- The brand has a good testing laboratory thus ensuring that their helmets are properly tested before getting into the market
- Bell Motors produce the Belle helmets and the brand has proved to have great expertise in their work
- The brand is very innovative and has always been coming up with new ideas for their helmets
- They designed their first full face helmets in the year 1971
- The brand has managed to successfully design helmets that are very stylish and thus it has managed to attract a lot of customers
- The helmets produced by this brand are highly functional
- Some of the top racers use helmets from this brand
- Produces well designed helmets thus making them very comfortable
- One of the helmet producers that has been in the market for a long time
- The brand has been operational since 1973
- The helmets from this brand are very safe and they also meet the standards that have been set by DOT
- The helmets are premium despite the fact that their prize range is very reasonable
- The helmets come with a five year warranty and that is one of the reasons why most users choose helmets from this brand
- Some motorcycle racers use these helmets in their racing careers
- The helmets are comfortable and safe as well
- This is an Italian brand that was founded by Gino Amisano in the year 1947
- Most of the world champions in motorcycling, for example, Valentino Rosi and Giacomo Agostini have used this brand and that has contributed in making the brand very common and popular as well
- It is one of the pioneers in producing helmets all over the world and thus it has managed to win customer trust and the customers are very loyal to this brand
- The helmets are premium despite the fact that they are very affordable
- The brand meets the standards that are set by DOT thus ensuring that it is very safe
- Among the leading innovative helmet producers in the market
- The brand was created in France in the year 1986
- The brand is common due to its best designs and the fact that it has greatly embraced technology
- Professional racers established this company and that explains why the company has managed to produce the best helmets in the market
- The helmets are very safe and comfortable
Whether riding on or off the road calls for maximum caution, especially due to the fact that no one expects to experience a crash and it just happens. Being protective does not mean that one has to spend a lot of money since best budget motorcycle helmets are available in the market. The article has managed to provide some of the best helmets that are in the market and some of the best brands as well. Therefore, riders will not have a hard time trying to figure out what they can buy since they can just compare from the options provided.